MB PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS – Updated November 10. 2020
In light of today’s additional COVID-19 restrictions issued by the Manitoba Government regarding communal gatherings, Sunday Liturgies and all Weekday Liturgies are now suspended until further notice.
Once restrictions are lifted, we will restore our in-person participation according to gathering protocols. We will continue to accept requests for participation to add to the rotation, but we will not invite parishioners to in-person celebrations until the restrictions are lifted. Let us continue to hold one another up in prayer during these most trying times.
With the proposed timelines for reopening various public services, established by the Manitoba Government, and in keeping with the evolving social/physical distancing protocols, we have begun to reintroduce participants to the celebration of the liturgies.
IS IT SAFE TO COME TO CHURCH?
In short, yes. In accordance with Public Health Orders, protocols have been implemented at St. Gianna’s Sunday liturgies in order to keep each other as safe as possible. Once your participation has been scheduled for a Sunday liturgy, this is what you can expect at your assigned date and time:
Upon arrival, you will be asked to:
- Present your confirmation letter
- Answer the public screening questions – UPDATED MB Health questions
- Sanitize your hands upon entry
- Follow the signage and practice physical distancing
- Face coverings must be worn at all Sunday and Weekday Liturgies
In addition, we have also implemented the following procedures:
- High contact surfaces (door handles, buttons, etc.) are regularly disinfected
- Hand sanitizer stations are available upon entry and exit
- Individual seating is physically distanced by at least 2 meters
- Parishioners are to make a bow to each other at the Sign of Peace
- The presider sanitizes hands again and wears a face covering to distribute the Eucharist to parishioners at their seats, (the Blood of Christ will not be shared at this time).
- One entrance (South Side only)
All protocols are in keeping with those set by the Province of Manitoba and the Archdiocese of Winnipeg.
* Please ensure that all members of the same household arrive together and at least 10 minutes beforehand in order to ensure that the necessary protocols are fulfilled.