New Wine, New Wineskins
– preparing our discipleship for a post-pandemic church and world
As we ready ourselves and our parish for a post-pandemic church and world, we at St. Gianna’s, are committed to creating an environment in which something new can come about in us. We believe the experience of a world pandemic has given all of us an opportunity to make important choices and decisions for moving forward into a better church and world.
Pope Francis treats the coronavirus as a metaphor, saying people all experience their own “Covids,” in the sense of a forced stoppage in their lives that reveals the opportunity for a reset. The Holy Father states: “What needs to change: our lack of internal freedom, the idols we have been serving, the ideologies we have tried to live by, the relationships we have neglected.”
– Let Us Dream: The Path to a Better Future
Our Pastoral effort will include:
- New opportunities for online engagement as we reflect on the who we desire to become.
- A complete reset of all parish ministries and activities.
- An invitation for all parishioners to become re-engaged in the mission and ministry of St. Gianna.
- Opportunities to be active agents and key participants in the building up of a new and promising future.
- The call to put on new wineskins so that we might be new wine for one another and the world.
* The current 6-week Adult Faith Formation Opportunity has already begun.
Please stay tuned for the next opportunity to participate.